Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Day Seven - Nanchang


Later that evening, with a little help from modern technology and Suzanne's webcam, we were able to Skype (pronounciation please...) my folks back in Vermont and introduce Anna to Nanna and Poppa. And with a litte imagination, and the use of the mirror, I was able to capture Nanna in China talking with the family.


As for tomorrow, it sounds like another relaxing day at the hotel, although we may try and day walk somewhere. Our only set plans ins Wall Mart...yes...like Wal Mart...at 9:30 am.

I am really not certain why, but will soon find out. Also, at some point over the next week, I am going to have to do some shopping for gifts to bring back, that is an action item on my to do list.

Also, lot of questions about the Typhoon. I guess we just missed the evacuation from Shanghia and we are too south right now to feel anything but high winds. Our guide finally mentioned it today, noting that the mountains provided good protection, of course, I can't see any mountains due to the haze and we are situated in a hotel right off the river, but in any event, there is no worries here right now about the Typhoon even though they evacuated a lot of Shanghia. Also, was informed that it was downgraded.

As Jen would say, lots to process over the past few days, whirlwind expedition at this point, and speaking for myself, today was the first day where I felt tired. I believe the paperwork for now is due, although we will still have a few more stops on that end. For now, it is rest and relax in Nanchang as adoption process allows for extra bonding time with the new family.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Having been away from the internet for several days, I couldn't believe how much I missed!! I suspect the whirlwind of adventures reading the posts didn't even come close to conveying how exciting this all must be for the family! And how tiring!

Congratulations Uncle Jon, and give little Anna some exta love for those of us exuberantly watching from abroad. Though I had seen the early photos of her on Jen's site, she is even more beautiful "in person." Best wishes for the rest of the trip and watch out for spoiling nieces (as if!).